Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Junk Binge

I'm following in my mother's footsteps, but since it's already March, I've got some catching up to do.

Between yesterday and today I've gotten rid of:

- 12 plates
- 8 saucers
- 7 mugs
- 3 wooden spoons
- 10 plastic cups
- a ladle
- a bread knife
- a rolling pin (let's face it, I'm never going to use it.)
- an "ice" bowl
- 8 place mats
- a casserole dish (it's perfectly fine, I just have 6 of them and this one doesn't have a lid...what good does that do???)
- 2 vases
- a makeup bag
- 16 bras
- 2 shirts
- a book

I've thrown away several things and cleaned out my pantry...still on my list for today: bathrooms, nursery/office & my bedroom/closet + all of our laundry...we'll see what else I can get rid of! I'm gonna need more boxes!! Not expecting that I'll achieve everything today, especially since I've got a sleeping munchkin on my lap at the moment :)

Also, I figured since I'm here I'd give you an update on my cooking! It's going pretty well...I've made a couple of new Italian dishes (baked spaghetti/ziti type things), I've fixed homemade chicken noodle soup, a new kind of chili, Hawaiian pork roast, and even HOMEMADE COOKIES! If you know me at all, you know I've been attempting the homemade cookies since I got married, and they have become the bane of my existence. Not anymore!! I achieved amazing cookies!! I was...suffice it to say...stoked.

Now, the most exciting things are yet to come....the "welcome home" celebration for the Darlings at the airport on Friday, and then Friday night I'm getting my first haircut in almost a year!!!  Yay for cousins who are in cosmetology school!!

3 comments:

Nathan Anderson said...

So, are you saving this stuff for the yard sales? I forgot to ask.


And yes, your cookies were awesome!! I'm looking forward to more! ;)


And February 23 to March 2...that's too much of a gap in your blogging! :)

Kacey Leigh said...

Hahaha...I know, I know!! I'm sorry.

I'm planning to take the stuff to goodwill, unless you just strongly object.

And I'm glad you liked my cookies :)

Nathan Anderson said...

I loved the cookies!!

And, you may want to save some for the spring yard sales, just a thought. I'm not objecting either way, but you could take what was left to Goodwill.