Monday, January 24, 2011

The Poop Gown

I am a glutton for punishment.

You see, my daughter has this nightgown....it's the perfectly girly sleep attire: white with little pink rose buds.  It is adorable on her; by far my favorite piece of sleepwear. 

I'm not usually in favor of the "little pink rosebud" type of clothing, so here's where I figure my punishment comes in...

Every time she wears that nightgown, without fail, she poops through her diaper.

I am convinced that the gown is cursed. Every SINGLE time she's has on that nightgown, I end up scrubbing an orange stain out of the back of it.

The solution would have been to stop putting this nightgown on her. After all, she has plenty of pj's. But that's not what I did.  Oh no. I kept letting her wear it.

And even though it's technically a size too small now, I put it on her one last time today.

It's now in the washer with a full scoop of Oxy Clean.

1 comment:

~Stephanie said...

:)

Makes me think of the movie "Tootsie" when Jessica Lange talks to Dustin Hoffman about her childhood bedroom and how she wanted wallpaper with big purple flowers, but her sweet mother talked her into the wallpaper with the little pink rosebuds.

I think my sweet Mayah looks beautiful in everything, though I have to admit, there is something especially precious about her girly gown.