Sunday, January 23, 2011

Movie Madness

If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.


1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Off the top of my head......

The Lion King
Love Actually
The Fugitive
Jurassic Park
Twister
Little Women
The Sound of Music
The Princess Bride
Sneakers
America’s Sweethearts
Chicago
Batman Begins
Cool Runnings
Die Hard
Ferris Bueller
Hook
Independence Day
Men in Black
Big Trouble


2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.

The Lion King
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Dark Knight
Alice in Wonderland


3. Name an actor/actress that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Dustin Hoffman
Emma Thompson
Helena Bonham Carter
Gary Oldman
Johnny Depp
Will Smith
Maggie Smith
Robert Downey Jr.
Amanda Peet
Morgan Freeman
Tina Fey
Paul Bettany
Meryl Streep
Kevin Bacon
Zooey Deschanel
Denzel Washington
Jon Cusack
Emma Stone
Anne Hathaway
Leonardo DiCaprio (Post “Titanic”)


4. Name an actor/actress that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Rob Schneider
Matt Dillon
Ben Affleck
Kirsten Dunst
Woody Harrelson
Diane Lane
Kevin Costner
Toni Collette
Russell Crowe
Pierce Brosnan
Leonardo DiCaprio (Pre “Titanic”)

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Ocean’s 11 (“They say taupe is very soothing” & “We’re in Barney…Barney Rubble? TROUBLE!”)
Princess Bride (“Anybody wanna peanut?”)
Twister (“I gotta go Julia! WE GOT COWS!!!”)
Monty Python & the Holy Grail (“Your father smelt of pigs and your mother smelt of elderberries!” &“Help, help I’m being repressed...violence inherent in the system!!”)

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs

Moulin Rouge
Newsies

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with

Both of the aforementioned musicals; also Elf, The Sound of Music, most Disney productions, Harry Potter (I hum the soundtrack because I love it…I also hum anything that John Williams composed), & Love Actually. I also sing Christmas songs when Die Hard is on, and I frequently flip to the special features on Men in Black so I can watch Will Smith do the alien dance J

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

Stranger Than Fiction or Martian Child


9. Name a movie that you own.

See answer #1

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Well, Will Smith really started in the music biz, so he’s got to take the award, but I have to give SOME props to Marky Mark.

11. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to.

Gladiator. I know it’s great, I just really don’t like Russell Crowe!

12. Ever walked out of a movie?

Not that I can remember…I always seem to hope it will get better.

13. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Seven Pounds

14. Popcorn?

With butter.

15. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

We used to go every weekend, but that was before my husband worked at Family Video and could rent for free.

16. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

The Tourist. Big mistake.

17. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Exciting.  I know that’s not a genre, but let’s face it, I don’t watch movies to be bored.  I like anything action, suspense, thrill related.

18. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

The Lion King.  I’m sure I saw movies before that, but I was 8 when it came out and it stuck with me like honey on toast.

19. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Year One, Burn After Reading, Hitcher, Identity, Superman Returns, Speed 2, Under the Tuscan Sun, Titanic, Nights in Rodanthe, White Chicks, Resident Evil, Four Christmases, Because I Said So, The Family Stone,  & any horror movie or terribly sappy/predictable chick flick that I’ve ever watched.

20. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Inglorious Bastards, Intolerable Cruelty, Sweeney Todd & The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

21. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?

What Lies Beneath. Freaked. Me. Out.  I am aware that nobody else thought this movie was scary, but I’m sticking to my guns. Freaking scariest movie ever.  Oh yeah…that, and White Noise. HO-LY COW.

22. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Big Trouble, Talladega Nights, America’s Sweethearts, Austin Powers, Airplane, Young Frankenstein, A Fish Called Wanda, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, & History of the World Part I.

3 comments:

E.T.'s Mom said...

I think I'm doing good because I've heard the names of most of the movies that you listed.

We did watch Sleepless in Seattle for the first time today.....just seemed like the thing to do since we're here. I'd say it falls in your predictable chick flick category.

~Stephanie said...

First, Sara: "Predictable Chick Flick" category??? Of course it is, but is romantic and sweet and makes you swoon. Shame on you for not giving it the proper accolades. :)

Second, Daughter-face: I may or may not do this meme, as I think if I did my own, it would look just like yours! But I may give it a whirl. It was fun for me to read. :)

Kacey Leigh said...

Haha Sara, I do love that movie though!

I have a special place in my heart for Tom & Meg movies! And I am not opposed to all chick flicks...just the ones that are sappy for the sake of being sappy. If they are witty and have good dialogue, that definitely earns it points!

And yes mother, you should whirl it.