Thursday, January 06, 2011

I Could Blog....

I have lots of topics to blog about, but no time to blog them.

I could blog about how Mayah rolled over the other day...but I'm pretty sure that was an accident, seeing as it hasn't happened again.

I could blog about what a wonderful Christmas we had, and about the awesome presents Mayah got from her grandparents...of which her favorites are currently the giraffe and the gloworm. But baby toys are not exactly a fascinating topic.

I could blog about how work is picking up for Nathan and he was scheduled for 27 hours this week!! But that's really all there is to say about that.

I could blog about how I feel constantly dehydrated because Mayah eats SO much, and that she now weighs in at over 15 pounds! I apparently weighed 18 pounds on my 1st birthday, but Nathan weighed 32. Yipee.

I could blog about the fact that we have a new niece & cousin!! Lesli and Ryan had their baby girl earlier this afternoon! Alana Ryan Hughes, 20", 8lbs 1oz. Momma and baby are both doing wonderfully! But I'll leave that whole story up to Lesli.

I could blog about the fact that it's snowing. Again. Meaning, it's snowing again, not that I've previously blogged about the fact that it's snowing...although, I may have. But I really don't remember.

I could blog about the fact that I'm re-reading all the Harry Potter books, because I want a refresher before the final movie comes out. I started two weeks ago and I'm halfway through the third book already, but I'm guessing you really don't care about my juvenile literary choices.

I could blog about when we were traveling home for Christmas and I was pumping a bottle for Mayah and I missed the bottle and shot Nathan in the eye while he was driving...but he might hate me for blogging about that.

I could blog about how we still haven't finished unpacking our Christmas suitcases, but that would be embarrassing.

I could blog about the dark chocolate truffles my brother got me, and the fact that there are only two left in the box.....but then I would feel sorry for myself and start craving more chocolate.

I could blog about how Maggie tried to jump on the couch earlier, missed, and landed flat on her face. But again, not much of a story there...just a funny mental picture.

I could blog about how I want to get rid of everything we own and start over with a toothpick, a pocketknife, and a q-tip, but Harrison Ford and my momma already beat me to that.

I could blog about my lil' bro starting a new blog of his own! But why would I blog about that when you can just go read it??? (And you should, it's quite good.)

I could blog about the fact that we've been put in charge of the Winterfest trip this year and that it's stressing me out, but I really don't want to think about that.

I could also blog about the severe crick I've had in my neck since I woke up this morning, but when I tilt my head upwards in my "thinking" position in order to extract the words from my brain, it hurts.

I could blog about all these things, but I won't.

4 comments:

~Stephanie said...

I am especially fond of the boobie juice shot in Nathan's eye. Makes me laugh out loud every time I think about it. :)

I used to do the same thing with unpacking. Now I'm obsessive about HAVING to unpack the second I walk in the door. Drives Kevin crazy, because even if it's 2 in the morning, I still make him unpack.

And I'm not quite down to a toothpick a Q-tip and a pocketknife, but I'm gettting there. You are welcome to join me. Simplicity feels like a worthwhile goal. Less is more and all that jazz.

E.T.'s Mom said...

You should, though.

It would be a good update.

Nathan Anderson said...

You are such a tease.

*Lindsay*Jordan* said...

Did you not read my last blog? Ella is my dress. She's on her way. And my ring bearer is Hilary's little brother, Elijah. The flower girls are Madie and Ruthie. Mark Sullivans twins from church.