Friday, January 14, 2011

The Great Teether Debacle

My daughter has a teething ring...














And my husband has OCD: Obsessive Color Disorder.

You see, before we had kids, Nathan used to think it would be funny to teach our "someday" children mixed up colors.  He thought we'd tell them that purple is green and that red is blue, that the ocean is pink and trees are yellow.  He's mean.  He apparently wanted our kids to flunk kindergarten.

More recently, however, he's caught the "first-time parent" syndrome and wants to teach our baby everything he possibly can. So he's taken to teaching her not only the right colors, but colors within the color.  This week's specific colors, inspired by her teething ring, are orange and tangerine.

To me, the "two oranges" on her teether look identical.  To the well-trained, finely-honed, color-distinguishing daddy eye, they are very specific shades of orange., which he finds everywhere.  Whenever I come down the stairs, if there is a hint of orange in my clothes, he says "look Mayah, mommy is wearing tangerine"!  It reminds me faintly of Julia's "blush and bashful", only the proprietor of the colors can tell the difference...

...but maybe he'll get to the distinguishing hues of pink next week.




P.S. Thanks to my cyber-crafty mother, I have a new look on my blog!  Header courtesy of WhoMeArtsy? :-D

3 comments:

~Stephanie said...

COOL BLOG HEADER! That WhoMeArtsy chick is really talented!

And, I hate to tell you, but that teether has red and yellow on it - no orange. :p

Kacey Leigh said...

I know, I couldn't find a picture of one like her's. It's just for illustrative purposes :)

janjanmom said...

If it's going to be illustrative, shouldn't it have the right colors?? I'm just sayin'...

Cool blog header.