Sunday, July 25, 2010

I know, I know....

Somebody harassed me tonight about not blogging....you know who you are.




I am well aware that the above picture is not a number in the countdown, however, it has a significant connotation; which if you can figure it out, you'll know where I am on the calendar.....or you can just count down the days from my last blog post...but don't. This is more fun.

Also, I kind of feel like there's an alien growing inside of me, so it seems appropriate.

A few significant things about our mystery number:

- In the 2001 World Series, the MVP for Arizona, Randy Johnson wore this number...

- There was a WWII fighter jet that was named the P___ Mustang.

- Jimi Hendrix had a song called "__st Anniversary"

- The '__ Guitar is a Fender line, made by their secondary producer, Squier.


In the Year ____:

- Dennis The Menace appeared for the first time in cartoon strips.

- Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage.

- Rogers and Hammerstein's The King & I opened on Broadway and ran for 3 years. Yul Brenner got his start with this show :-)

- The Catcher in the Rye was first published by J.D. Salinger.

- The "Shot Heard 'Round the World", one of the greatest moments in Major League Baseball history occured when the New York Giants' Bobby Thomson hit a game winning home run in the bottom of the 9th inning off of Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca, to win the National League pennant after being down 14 games.

- CBS debuted two very important things: The premier of I Love Lucy, and their "eye" logo.


Also, Phil Collins was born this year. That's important.


In the Movies:

In this year, there were a few big movies that have all since had remakes done: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Strangers on a Train, and Alice in Wonderland. Also in that year, an American found themselves in Paris, and a queen found herself in Africa. Most importantly in this year, there was Stanley and of course...STEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...(After whom my streetcar is named.)

Happy Alien Countdown Day!

No comments: