Somebody harassed me tonight about not blogging....you know who you are.
I am well aware that the above picture is not a number in the countdown, however, it has a significant connotation; which if you can figure it out, you'll know where I am on the calendar.....or you can just count down the days from my last blog post...but don't. This is more fun.
Also, I kind of feel like there's an alien growing inside of me, so it seems appropriate.
A few significant things about our mystery number:
- In the 2001 World Series, the MVP for Arizona, Randy Johnson wore this number...
- There was a WWII fighter jet that was named the P___ Mustang.
- Jimi Hendrix had a song called "__st Anniversary"
- The '__ Guitar is a Fender line, made by their secondary producer, Squier.
In the Year ____:
- Dennis The Menace appeared for the first time in cartoon strips.
- Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage.
- Rogers and Hammerstein's The King & I opened on Broadway and ran for 3 years. Yul Brenner got his start with this show :-)
- The Catcher in the Rye was first published by J.D. Salinger.
- The "Shot Heard 'Round the World", one of the greatest moments in Major League Baseball history occured when the New York Giants' Bobby Thomson hit a game winning home run in the bottom of the 9th inning off of Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca, to win the National League pennant after being down 14 games.
- CBS debuted two very important things: The premier of I Love Lucy, and their "eye" logo.
Also, Phil Collins was born this year. That's important.
In the Movies:
In this year, there were a few big movies that have all since had remakes done: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Strangers on a Train, and Alice in Wonderland. Also in that year, an American found themselves in Paris, and a queen found herself in Africa. Most importantly in this year, there was Stanley and of course...STEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...(After whom my streetcar is named.)
Happy Alien Countdown Day!