Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One More Day...




89 more days!!

This daily mile marker is becoming something I very much look forward to. I like knowing that I'm one day closer to meeting my baby girl, and one day closer to being able to wear normal pants again :-)

Significant things associated with the number 89:

- Um...there's not much. Really.

- The Lakers just beat the Celtics 89-67 in game 6 of the the NBA Finals.

- 89% of people in Finland use a Nokia phone.

- In the year 89 there was a change of the Patriarch of Constantinople from Polycarpus to Plutarch

In the year 1989:

- George H. W. Bush succeeds Ronald Reagan as the 41st President of the United States of America.
- Exxon Valdez oil spill: In Alaska's Prince William Sound the Exxon Valdez spills 240,000 barrels (11 million gallons) of oil after running aground.
- The 61st Academy Awards are held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California, with Rain Man winning Best Picture.
- Students from Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, and Nanjing begin protesting in Tiananmen Square. The massacre follows shortly thereafter.
- Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World opens to the public for the first time.
- Nintendo releases the Game Boy portable video game system in North America
- Record-setting baseball player Pete Rose agrees to a lifetime ban from the sport following allegations of illegal gambling, thereby preventing his induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame.


In the Movies: na na na na na na na na BATMAN! We discovered that Indiana was named after his dog, Gibson and Glover were Lethal for a second time, Bruce became a baby, Michael J. Fox went to 2015, Miss Daisy was chauffeured, The Mermaid was little, and the ghosts got busted again. Rick Moranis shrunk his kids, Steve Martin almost killed his kids, and Robin Williams inspired a room full of kids...Oh Captain, My Captain. Harry met Sally, Turner met Hooch, Tango met Cash, and Truvy met Annelle. Chevy went on a Christmas Vacation and Tom Cruise was Born on the 4th of July. John Cusack held his stereo high, while Matthew and Denzel held their heads high. The doggies went to Heaven while some guys vacationed at Bernie's. Baseball history was made when Charlie played for the Indians, but most importantly, Kevin built it and they came.

5 comments:

Nathan Anderson said...

LOVED, not liked, the last two!!

And LOVE (and like) you!

~Stephanie said...

We moved to Jackson. I had gallbladder surgery . . . 2 months BEFORE they started doing it laproscopically. We had no insurance. We had no money. We had no washer & dryer. I sprained my ankle getting out of bed because my foot was asleep. As I recall, it was a sucky, sucky year.

Kacey Leigh said...

Hey you remember that time I sprained my foot when I jumped out of my bunk bed? ....Yeah my foot was asleep. That hurts really a lot.

I sowwy you had a sucky year, but you had a really cute 3-year-old to keep you company and bring you ugly pink flowers while you were in the hospital!

~Stephanie said...

Awwww. You DID bring me to MOST hideous pink plastic flowers! SOOOOO CUTE! Granny let you pick them out yourself. They were in a white wicker basket.

And that year wasn't all bad. You learned how to swim. You had the Sesame Street/Hot Air Balloon birthday. You started learning how to read. I made a lot of homemade bread. We played on the playground and you rode your purple tricycle round and round in circles on the breezeway. You played in the cooler out on the balcony. You became friends with Amy Gillis. Lots of good stuff.

~Stephanie said...

"DID I DO THAAAAT???"

Steve Urkel made his debut in 1989.