Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Few Days Behind...

So I've had an extremely busy weekend, and this is really the first time I've been able to sit down and think about blogging...which is nice, because the weekend flew by.

Down to business.



Significant things associated with the number 83:

- Eighty-three is the sum of three consecutive primes (23 + 29 + 31) as well as the sum of five consecutive primes (11 + 13 + 17 + 19 + 23).

- No stable isotope of any element has an atomic mass of 83.

- Frank Sinatra charted 83 Billboard Top Hits.

Things that happened in the year 1983:

- My baby daddy was born.
- Seatbelt use for drivers and front seat passengers became mandatory in the United Kingdom.
- The final episode of M*A*S*H is aired and the record for most watched television episode is broken.
- Sally Ride becomes the first American woman in space, on the Space Shuttle Challenger.
- Ronald Reagan announced that the Global Positioning System (GPS) would be made available for civilian use.
- McDonald's introduces the McNugget. (I find this one to be incredibly appropriate because my first official craving happened today when I woke up. The first words out of my mouth were "I need chicken nuggets!")

In the Movies:

Pacino had his little friend and Leia had her gold bikini. Eddie and Dan traded places while Matthew Broderick started a global thermonuclear war. Chevy took his family to Walley World and while a bunch of college friends got together to mourn their lost buddy (Kevin Costner....whose face is never shown in the movie). Tom Cruise danced in his underwear, while Jennifer Beals danced to "What a Feelin'". Shirley and Debra made every woman in America cry, and Michael Keaton became a "mom". The Bond legacy passed from Roger Moore to Sean Connery, and the scariest things of all....Cujo scared the living daylights out of every dog owner, and the biggest shark in the world quite literally jumped off the screen and into audiences everywhere.


In other news, Glen and Vicki are coming to visit us this weekend, and the week after that we are coming home for a WHOLE week! We'll be in town for TWO Sundays! (This is where you all gasp and say "NO WAY! THAT'S AWESOME! I'LL GET TO SEE SO MUCH KACEY!!!!"....but you'd better mean that figuratively and not literally because there currently is SO MUCH Kacey to see.) Fortunately, I feel okay about this fact because it's for a good reason. Sure, I'm measuring larger than my week count, yes I'm constantly and insatiably hungry, Perhaps I'm feeling like I may explode, but at least I'm sweating enough to make up for the weight gain :-)

4 comments:

~Stephanie said...

"NO WAY! THAT'S AWESOME! I'LL GET TO SEE SO MUCH KACEY!!!!"

Though no matter how much I get to see, it's never ever enough.

And I shall "pass" on 1983. It was one of the two worst years of my life.

*Lindsay*Jordan* said...

stop your belly aching... Pregnancy is the most beautiful thing in the world. I can not wait! I've been waiting to be a mom since i was 3.

Kacey Leigh said...

Mom, I'll allow 1 pass because I understand, but you must contribute from here on out :-)

Lindsay. You're sick. Just wait till your love handles go "boom" and your tummy goes "bump". It's no longer cute pregnant. It's just pregnant.

And I technically can't quit my belly aching....it'll ache for about 3 more months and then I can stop ;-)

E.T.'s Mom said...

I had a sister born in 1983, too. But from here on out, I'm out of sisters, so I won't have anything to contribute.