Thursday, June 03, 2010

Desert Island

In the spirit of having more spare time on our hands (and because I find myself now completely hooked on LOST - I'm only in season 3; if you ruin it, I'll beat you with a stick), I'm going to play one of my favorite games, and I expect you to all play along :) If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.

The premise of Desert Island is to imagine that you are, in fact, stranded on an island and you are only allowed to take certain things with you...I suppose somebody is banishing you there, because if your plane crashed, you probably wouldn't have all of your favorite things with you....but like I said, "imagine".

Desert Island Books:
1. Little Women
2. 1984
3. Bible
4. Till We Have Faces
5. Crime and Punishment (because I want to read it before I die, and I feel like this would give me plenty of time to do so.)

Desert Island Movies:
1. The Lion King
2. Love Actually
3. Die Hard
4. America's Sweethearts
5. Hook

Desert Island Clothing (doesn't have to be weather appropriate):
1. My black knit skirt (because it's the most comfortable thing I own.)
2. My Rays hoodie
3. My skinny jeans
4. My favorite flip flops
5. My orange WIPM tshirt (so somebody could see me from the sky.)

Desert Island Music (I'm going by cd, not individual song.):
1. In Between Dreams - Jack Johnson
2. candycoatedwaterdrops - Plumb
3. Blue Light, Red Light - Harry Connick Jr.
4. Dreaming Out Loud - One Republic
5. If I Left The Zoo - Jars of Clay
(If I could sneak on one extra cd, it'd be the Pirate of the Caribbean: At World's End Soundtrack -- strictly so I could listen to it after I've built my raft and I go sailing off into the ocean by myself. It would be epic.)

Now, if we want to get into extreme detail, we could play Desert Island Tools, Desert Island Survival Kit, Desert Island Technology, etc....but we all know my answers to those questions would be things like "my hairbrush", "my pink blanket", "my lipgloss", etc....so I won't bore you with the details. However, if you would like to add to the list, feel free to grow the game to new heights and invent your own category!

Now get busy!

3 comments:

~Stephanie said...

OOOHHHH! This is going to be FUN to play! I shall blog later in the day, as I find the time.

*Lindsay*Jordan* said...

woo! I could totally see your prego self sailing off into the unknown rockin to PotC soundtrack

saa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.