Friday, June 18, 2010



Apparently I missed a day and I didn't mean to! It's working!!! Not that I dislike being pregnant, but I really do miss coffee.

So let's see where we are today.....

Significant things associated with the number 87:

- .......I fear as the numbers get smaller, the facts get less interesting.

In the year 1987:

- Aretha Franklin was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
- Construction on Disneyland Paris began.
- Margaret Thatcher was elected for a third term as the British Prime Minister.
- The United States is caught up in a drama that unfolds on television as a young child, Jessica McClure, falls down a well in Midland, Texas, and is later rescued.
- Prozac makes its debut in the United States.
- Microsoft releases Windows 2.0.


In the Movies:

"Aaaaasssssssss Yooooooooouuuuu Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssshhhhhhhhh!" Baby was put in a corner, Michael Douglas lectured about greed, while Mel and Danny made their partnership official. Space went to the nutjobs, the Lost Boys left Neverland, and Brian De Palma gave us the Untouchables. Glenn boiled a bunny rabbit, and Robin smelled some napalm while 3 men smelled a lot of dirty diapers. There were Steakouts and Predators and a Moonstruck diva, but most importantly....

Two of the funniest movies ever made, and they both have to do with trains...

Although my mother would argue that one of those is the wrong Steve Martin movie...as her other favorite was made this year; the classic tale of Cyrano de Bergerac, the man with the nose.

I do have to mention one more that I skipped in 88...because it is on the list of my Desert Island movies (and also currently what I'm watching on TV) :) ...Die Hard. Thank you Bruce for always kicking butt.



On another note, I went to see Toy Story 3 tonight with my lovely friend Elizabeth. It was absolutely adorable! I highly recommend seeing it :) My husband is currently out with a friend, but doing something a little different. He's helping a friend DJ a wedding...and getting paid to do it! He says he's having fun right now and just trying to enjoy himself. We'll see if he says the same thing when he gets home at 2:00 in the morning :)

So I'm gonna go curl up on the couch with my puppies and Die Hard and call it a night. Alan Rickman is just so evil...and so is this heartburn :/

6 comments:

E the M.E. said...

Yay Toy Story 3!
I hope Nathan had as much fun as us! :)

~Stephanie said...

I must note that there are 88 keys on a piano.

87 . . . well, you were 4 to 16 months old. I didn't sleep much. I don't remember many details. But it was the Spring that Stacey took a children's literature class at Harding and introduced us to all manor of GREAT reading. So 1987 would be the year that WE discovered Where the Wild Things Are, Goodnight Moon, There's a Nightmare in My Closet, and all things "Peter Spier".

I learned to sew. I also learned that I hate to sew.

We flew home 3 times that year from Alaska, once being the infamous "stuck in the Memphis airport on the 10th anniversary of Elvis' death and I stole a spoon" trip.

Baby Jessica fell down a well in Texas, Jessica Hahn had an affair with Jim Bakker, Jessica Tandy won an Emmy, and Jessica Rabbit (who is not bad, she's just drawn that way) was in production.

There are 87 years between the Declaration of Independence and Lincoln's Gettysburg address, hence the "Four Score and Seven Years Ago".

Finally, 87 is considered, in Australia, to be "The Devil's Number".

季玉 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today...................................................................

E.T.'s Mom said...

My sister was born in 1987, so that's my significant contribution. :)

Toy Story 3 is going to be at the drive-in in a few weeks and we can't wait!

Nathan Anderson said...

um, for 88, I started kindergarten that year!

I'm tired, so that's about all I have for ya, sorry darlin. But I love you lots!

mnpolutta said...

87 is the year I graduated high school, moved from MD to VA, met my husband-to-be, and started college. Lots of life-changing events for me.