Friday, June 18, 2010
Apparently I missed a day and I didn't mean to! It's working!!! Not that I dislike being pregnant, but I really do miss coffee.
So let's see where we are today.....
Significant things associated with the number 87:
- .......I fear as the numbers get smaller, the facts get less interesting.
In the year 1987:
- Aretha Franklin was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
- Construction on Disneyland Paris began.
- Margaret Thatcher was elected for a third term as the British Prime Minister.
- The United States is caught up in a drama that unfolds on television as a young child, Jessica McClure, falls down a well in Midland, Texas, and is later rescued.
- Prozac makes its debut in the United States.
- Microsoft releases Windows 2.0.
In the Movies:
"Aaaaasssssssss Yooooooooouuuuu Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssshhhhhhhhh!" Baby was put in a corner, Michael Douglas lectured about greed, while Mel and Danny made their partnership official. Space went to the nutjobs, the Lost Boys left Neverland, and Brian De Palma gave us the Untouchables. Glenn boiled a bunny rabbit, and Robin smelled some napalm while 3 men smelled a lot of dirty diapers. There were Steakouts and Predators and a Moonstruck diva, but most importantly....
Two of the funniest movies ever made, and they both have to do with trains...
Although my mother would argue that one of those is the wrong Steve Martin movie...as her other favorite was made this year; the classic tale of Cyrano de Bergerac, the man with the nose.
I do have to mention one more that I skipped in 88...because it is on the list of my Desert Island movies (and also currently what I'm watching on TV) :) ...Die Hard. Thank you Bruce for always kicking butt.
On another note, I went to see Toy Story 3 tonight with my lovely friend Elizabeth. It was absolutely adorable! I highly recommend seeing it :) My husband is currently out with a friend, but doing something a little different. He's helping a friend DJ a wedding...and getting paid to do it! He says he's having fun right now and just trying to enjoy himself. We'll see if he says the same thing when he gets home at 2:00 in the morning :)
So I'm gonna go curl up on the couch with my puppies and Die Hard and call it a night. Alan Rickman is just so evil...and so is this heartburn :/