Monday, February 08, 2010

Possible Vacation

We are trying to plan a vacation...

We're on somewhat of a time crunch, because I'd like to go after I start feeling better, but I can't fly after June.

Now, the catch is...where to go?

Last year for my birthday, Nathan was going to take me to Florida to watch the Rays play at Tropicana, but since we bought a house we decided we shouldn't spend the extra money right then. Thinking we'd always have the next birthday, we were okay with not going last year.

But now, we'd like to have one last "us" vacation before the little one arrives.

So on the list of possibilities: (all cities where the Rays are playing before June.)

Baltimore/DC (Where I could possible stay at the Watergate Hotel...Boom shakalakalaka)
Minneapolis/St. Paul (also the home of Nathan's best friend)
Chicago (Apparently a really cool city that I've never been too)
St. Pete/Tampa (The home of the Rays and also lots of awesome beaches)
Pittsburg (Not sure what there is to do here except watch baseball...)
Boston (Yeah, I'd really like to go to Boston, but the baseball tickets are more expensive)

Opinions anyone?

6 comments:

~Stephanie said...

So your honeymoon is exactly where?

Well...

It depends. If San Antonio sweeps
Sacramento, we could start there.
Or Phoenix. Or depending on Indiana-Clevel...

... garden sports, all. Little swing of maybe fifty degrees Fahrenheit,represents a packing challenge, but there's fine food and cocktails at a choice of Embassy Suites . . .

E.T.'s Mom said...

Boston is the only one I've ever been to. It was fun - lots to do!, but we were also able to do it cheaply because my sister lived there.

Kacey Leigh said...

Mom...WHAT?

Sara, thanks!

Yeah, we're looking to do it pretty cheaply, so we may not be able to go far...but it's still fun to plan, even if it doesn't pan out.

MichaelPolutta said...

What spirit of bizarre non-complete thought has possessed Stephanie?!?

MichaelPolutta said...

I vote for a beach most anytime.

I'd also check out "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" for restaurant recommendations in all of your candidate cities.

雪糕 said...

很用心的blog,推推哦 ........................................