Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Food and My First Trimester

The following is boring. I apologize. I'm only doing this because I want to remember how this whole process feels.

I love food. I love food a lot.

The first couple of weeks before I knew I was pregnant (and shortly thereafter) I was literally eating everything I could get my hands on. I was hungry constantly (which is why I thought I might be pregnant in the first place).

Shortly after I found out I was pregnant, I couldn't eat anymore. Apparently this is a common thing, but I seriously couldn't eat anything for several weeks. Then I got the flu....that was just so much fun. I pretty much ate crackers for about a month.

A couple weeks ago, I thought I was getting my feet back under me, and I started actually eating real food again. Today, food sounds gross.

I just want to be able to eat again. I mean, I know I can't eat soft cheeses or sushi, but today even crackers sound nasty.

I'm ten weeks, so hopefully two or three more weeks and this part will end. So far, I'm not a fan of the "first trimester".

I am, however, a fan of this:

No comments: