Monday, July 20, 2009

This day in history...

Buzz and Neil landed on the moon 40 years ago and broadcast their success to over 4,000,000 Americans. Buzz Aldren also took the first communion that qualified as "out of this world", with a travel pack of grape juice and bread. I can't imagine that his freeze dried astronaut communion tasted any better than those little styrofoam travel sets we have now...


Today in Kacey's history...

I got a surprise visit from a cop. I was sitting at the office by myself today, just making some calls, and apparently when I dialed 9 to get out of the building one time, I accidently hit a wrong number in there somewhere...

Apparently I called 911 and didn't even realize it! Needless to say, I was a little flustered when a cop showed up to check on me and I had no idea what he was talking about! I'm still wondering if maybe it wasn't the girl next door or something....but who knows? All I know is, if I ever need to call 911 from the office, apparently I don't have to dial 9-911. Just one 9 is sufficient. Good to know :/

In other news, Nathan's job is calming down a LITTLE bit. He called me at 12:30 Saturday night (In the height of the Indiana Black Expo) to let me know that there had been a shooting right in front of his hotel. Thanks babe, cause I slept so great that night :/ (sarcasm -- immense sarcasm) Hopefully he will have no more near death experiences.

We played a softball double-header yesterday. Nathan hit a homer and I scored two runs! We were pretty proud of ourselves. However, I'm now sporting a couple of good batting blisters, and a nice pair of pulled quad muscles. Nathan's fine of course, except for a scratched spot on his shin. Apparently he's good at narrowly escaping injury.

This week, we hope to (1) See Harry Potter (well, I hope to do that...Nathan just hopes to take me so I'll quit whining about it.) (2) Talk to our mortgage lender (3) Depending on how said "talk" goes, make an offer on a house. If all goes well, We could be moved in a month or two (the benefit of potentially buying a house that no one is currently living in).

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I'll write more as soon as I know more :)

1 comment:

E.T.'s Mom said...

Wow, that's quite an update. Let's have no more near-death experiences and focus on getting your own place! Sounds exciting!