Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Got Duped...

Who knew that Nicolas Cage does scary movies.

"Knowing" is very M. Night Shamylan-esque...only scarier.

And it's almost amusing to me how I just said I wasn't going to watch any scary movies....and then I went to see one that I didn't know was scary. Needless to say, the dreams were not pleasant last night, and I woke up very creeped out this morning and had to open the store in the dark :/ Not cool.


Semi-Spoiler alert:

I won't give away the entire movie, but just to give you a sense of what you're getting yourself into...

This is an Ezekiel Productions film, and hence, is based around the vision of God in Ezekiel 1...only, it's pushed into an intensely grotesque and creepy interpretation of the end of the world.

The four headed beast in Ezekiel is represented by four stalker-like figures who "guard" the main characters through the film...only you don't know they're guardians until the end, because they stalk, chase, scare, and kidnap children.

These guardians "whisper" to people --make them go crazy-- by giving them messages about what's going to happen in the future. There are people who can predict all of the upcoming disasters (although I wouldn't call this a disaster movie), and Nicolas Cage stumbles upon a paper with all of these events written on it. The rest of the movie, he and his son chase these events down, getting in the middle of the danger and watching all of these horrific things happen to people.

I won't tell you the rest because the ending is....overbearing? Can I say that about a movie? I left feeling overwhelmed and very confused...not confused in a "what just happened" sort of way, but a "how did they manage to get that interpretation??" way. Either way, I think director Alex Proyas has a very sick and twisted view of how God will bring the world to an end. Not to say that the fire wasn't correct...but I don't think God will drive people insane, or bring random destruction and havoc on people before the end of time.

That being said...I don't know it's all gonna go down, but I trust God to be a little more loving and gracious than what this movie depicted.

6 comments:

~ Stephanie said...

you are the most beautiful, most wonderful daughter in the entire world. I am a very blessed mom.

:o)

Kacey Leigh said...

Yikes. Lay off the mushy gushy woman. ;)

But no seriously....what was that for? Not that I don't appreciate it...

~ Stephanie said...

You told me to comment. Then you said, and I quote, "I don't want you to say anything that you don't want to say."

So I didn't.

I commented and I only said what I wanted to say. :o)

I can't comment about your blog until I see the movie for "me selfs".

Kacey Leigh said...

Well then GO SEE IT! But then you'll just tell me that I'm right and that you'll wish I'd warned you before you saw it...

Take that as a warning so you don't have to tell me that after you see it.

E.T.'s Mom said...

Hmmm, thanks for the warning.

*Lindsay*Jordan* said...

lol i still wanna see it... I LOVE M NIGHT SHAMALAN!!!