Friday, January 02, 2009

We're One.

Last year at this time: ...

Nathan was in Minnesota. I was going crazy. We spent the entire time texting and ran his phone bill up to an ungodly price.

Last January 2nd was a Wednesday, and I was eagerly anticipating the return of my (I was convinced) soon to be sweetheart. I went to church and sulked down to the big classroom, knowing that Nathan was still an hour away.

Glen came in and sat on me.

He asked me if I knew Nathan was coming to church that night. I said "no, I hadn't heard. I wonder where he is." So, I continued to text.

After class was over, I knew that Nathan was in the building...so I went on my manhunt (only to be tackled by Michael Ellen.)

When I finally made it to Nathan, he gave me the best hug I'd ever had, told his mom that we were going out, and we left the building with his arm around my shoulder. It was true love :)

Later I found out that his mom was mad that he wasn't coming home to spend time with them. She later repented when she heard there was to be a wedding in August...

We went to Wendy's, where he remembered to call Billy and tell him he'd made it home. Billy asked him if we were on a date. Nathan said no, but I knew differently ;)

After that, we went to see Charlie Wilson's War. He had already seen it, but knew I wanted to see it, so he took me anyway. After about five minutes of playful tickling and flirting, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I held his hand.

He says that he didn't see the entire rest of the movie. He was too busy grinning like a fool and staring at me (his words, not mine).

On the way home, we decided that this had to be considered our first date, even though he was in the dark about it for the first half of it. He took me home and walked me to the door, and I kissed him on the cheek. (Continue Nathan grinning like a fool :)

So today we celebrate January 2nd, our first birthday. I call this a birthday, because I feel that anniversary has to be reserved for our wedding or engagement...something a little more prominent...and I don't want this day to be forgotten. That was the day I knew where I'd be for the rest of my life...just a first date, but oh so much more.

Plus, it gives us an excuse to go out on a date :)

4 comments:

~ Stephanie. said...

Well Happy Birthday! Now go smear cake on each other, as that is what one-year-olds do!

Nathan Anderson said...

Well, I can't deny the truth...although I think I'm still grinning.

There are a few details that I think you've put some spin on, but I may have to save the corrections for a blog ;o) (Yes, that means I have to actually blog.)

Thank you for making this a very fun year. Happy Birthday!

E.T.'s Mom said...

Oh, congrats on the Wii....and happy birthday!

*Lindsay*Jordan* said...

aww how cheesy. goob. talk to ya at 2 in the morning!!!