Monday, December 08, 2008

My Hard-Workin Mr.

So today is not the biggest time marker in the world, but it's our four month wedding anniversary. (Next month will be the one year anniversary of our first date.)

My poor hubby is exhausted. He has worked somewhere in the neighborhood of ninety hours this week. He was forced to transfer his only daytime supervisor, and indefinitely suspend his overnight person, due to circumstances beyond his control...and he has also been forced to fill their holes. He has worked overnight every single night this week but one, and also stayed through the days. He is averaging about three to four hours of sleep per afternoon before he wakes back up and has to go back in for the night.

He is not working tonight, but he just got home a little while ago, and he has to go back in at five in the morning.

Right now, to celebrate our anniversary, he's fallen asleep on me.

I have the most adorable husband in the whole world. He helped me finish decorating the Christmas tree, because we bought our "first Christmas" ornament, and then we laid down on the couch. He's all curled up in a ball, laying on my shoulder, and I can't imagine any other place in the world I'd rather be right now.

Nathan, if you read this, happy anniversary babe. You're my whole world and I love you more every day...even on the days I don't see you. Hang in there darlin.

Love you,
Squirmy

2 comments:

Sara said...

You are just too cute.

E.T.'s Mom said...

Awww, that is so sweet. Tears in my eyes, seriously.