Thursday, December 18, 2008

Earbud Fairies

I will never understand this mystery.

You roll up headphones, wrap them around ipod, and lay them gently into your purse. Pull them out an hour later and they are in knots.

How does this happen? Literally, I put my headphones in my purse before work. At work, my purse hung on a wall rack all afternoon. I went to get them on my lunch break, and it took me nearly my whole break to untangle them.

Same thing with Christmas lights. They sit in the attic ALL YEAR! What happens between the time you roll them up into a nice little bundle, and the time you are cursing at them the following year. I'm very curious. Do mice climb into the box and twist up all the wires? Does the invisible headphone fairy steal my earbuds for hours at a time and replace them in a fashion less satisfying than she found them in.

I want to put hidden cameras in my purse and in the Christmas boxes. This mystery must be solved. Unite againts the earbud fairies. It's time we won this war.

7 comments:

~ Stephanie. said...

Oh, let's not forget the necklace fairy while we're at it!

Funny stuff!

Lesli said...

They do make things for that. Don't ask me what they're called!! I have one & LOVE it!

Kacey Leigh said...

what kind of things? You'll have to show me next weekend!

EmmaLeeAnne said...

I AGREE!!!!! I will help you find a camera to search this one out! I just got done untangling my headphones this morning.It was quite annoying....

MichaelPolutta said...

Here is Genius Natalie's partial solution to the Christmas Lights issue. Get ziploc freezer bags and put 1 strand of lights in each bag. At least this way they aren't tangled with each other...

Nathan Anderson said...

you make your purse sound so innocent, as if it doesn't carry the whole contents of your life. When I ask were something is, and you say, "It's in my purse," there is a reason I do NOT attempt to get it out, even if I need it.

Christmas lights, I can't explain. Your purse and it's contents, on the other hand, isn't too hard.

Love ya!

MichaelPolutta said...

Nathan - I feel you on that one. My beloved's "purse" is actually a backpack! (easier to carry all that weight when it is centered in your back)

At my house, "It's in my purse," is always followed by, "Yeah, but which compartment?!?"