Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Double Shot of Jesus

Stoked is not a big enough word. I have to share this before my head explodes.

First of all, I absolutely love my new job. Could not be happier.

Chris (I discovered it's short for Christina, and therefore spelled with a "C", not a "K"), is absolutely amazing. For the past two days, she and I have been the only ones working at the shop, so it has been a very hands on, involved training period. Thus being said, we've had plenty of time to chat. She has an amazing story, and a heart of 24ct gold (pure and wonderful, but just as soft as clay). She and I have really been getting to know each other over the past couple of days, and I think it's safe to say that we very much enjoy each other's company. So, knowing some of her story, I decided to be very open with her about mine. That just made her fall in love with me apparently, and she began telling me even more. Struggles and strengths, highs and lows...you name it, she's been there. To see the person she is now, you'd never believe it.

She's a verge-Christian (my term for almost there, but doesn't quite know how to believe it yet). She told me she believed in God and she thinks there is a Holy Spirit, because she doesn't know how she got to where she is if there wasn't somebody getting her there...but she just doesn't know about this Jesus thing. She has no trouble understanding that he existed and was a wonderful humanitarian, but how he plays into the whole "Christianity" thing, she just doesn't get.

She's hungry. Somebody came in this morning talking about Obama being the Anti-Christ(She came from California, so we both had a chuckle about how people can have such total disregard for anyone's beliefs but their own). She said something about how she didn't really understand the Anti-Christ thing, and I said something about it being a theory based out of Revelation. Then her questions started. She literally just sat with a gaping mouth while I briefly told her what I believed about Revelation, and about John and him being exiled while he wrote the book. Her response was "HOLY COW I'M SO EXCITED!!!! YOU CAN TEACH ME ALL THIS BIBLE STUFF!!!!" I told her that I was by no means an expert, but that I'd be glad to help her find the answers she was looking for. She wants to start a Bible study on Wednesdays, and I told her I'd try to find her a basic book on some general Biblical knowledge stuff that she could just read through at her own pace, and she jumped up and down. She is literally so hungry for something. She wants to believe, she just wants to understand. I now know why God put me in this job.

Pray for my wisdom: to tell her and show her things that will help her see Jesus, and to be a tool for her to use as she searches for God.

Pray for Chris: To be open to new ideas, and to keep the hunger that she has now, even when she faces road blocks.

I've never had something like this just dumped in my lap before (at least not that I recognized), but it's a great feeling to know that I am in a place where God can use me and where my experience with the blood of Jesus and his forgiveness can become tangible.

4 comments:

~ Stephanie. said...

I could not be prouder of a daughter whose heart and eyes are open to where God is leading and working. May He bless you and Chris on this journey . . .

MichaelPolutta said...

Wow. God bless you both as you journey together down the road of the Kingdom.

E.T.'s Mom said...

Kacey, that's incredible!

EmmaLeeAnne said...

Definitely be praying for you! This is amazing and I'm super excited for you! God bless!