Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wow.

Today has been madness and it's only 2:30. The kiddo hasn't quit screaming today. I put him down for a nap earlier, and then ten minutes later, a lawnmower woke him up. He's NOT a happy camper. He's finally asleep again...let's hope it lasts for longer than ten minutes.

I got an email from a girl that I specifically did NOT invite to the wedding because...well...she hates me. She's always been mean to me, and she's just generally not a nice person. Very much someone I do not want to have to deal with on my wedding day.

So in this email, she asks me if she's invited. "From one bride to another" she says...she just wanted to double check and make sure that I didn't accidentally leave her name on the list because she knows I would want her there. THE AUDACITY?!?!?!?!

No, you're mean to me and you spread nasty rumors about me while I pledged, you tried to get me kicked out of my club, you live to be the drama queen of every event, you love to cause problems, you've told people before that you hate me, and you've generally made every experience I've ever had with you miserable. That's what I really wanted to say.

Instead, I told her that I didn't have a clue she'd want to come because it's the weekend before her own wedding. I said that I got an invitation to one of my friend's weddings that is the week before mine, and I couldn't go because I'm absolutely swamped with things to do. I just assumed that the same would be true for her. I told her that I'd change it, but that our RSVP is already 50 over capacity, and people are going to be sitting in each other's laps (which is completely true). I gave her the website address and told her that I'd love for her to watch the webstream, but otherwise, I couldn't resolve the situation any further than that.

I didn't lie...I just tried to not be as mean as she is, and hopefully keep her from telling more people nasty stories about how awful of a person I am.


In other news. I have a job interview this afternoon. Let's hope this one flies. I have a couple of options right now, but quite frankly, I just don't love anything enough to do it for the rest of my life. So I'm still looking for something short term...that is, until we can get the funds together to pay for grad school and I can teach. Just wish me luck!

5 comments:

*Lindsay*Jordan* said...

HAHA! just wait until you have your very own terrible, screaming tyke!!! Love you! hope your interview goes well

EmmaLeeAnne said...

hope everything went well with the interview!!!

and you're a much nicer person than i am obviously.... i would have told her straight that i didn't want her there!!! lol. i salute you!

*Lindsay*Jordan* said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~ Stephanie. said...

Let's hope your "friend" is not a blog reader.

And WHAT KIND OF INTERVIEW??? You never tell your mommy ANYTHING!!!

E.T.'s Mom said...

Wow, that's an eventful post. I guess you have an eventful life. That reminds me....I want to talk to you, lady! It'll be fun. Only a bazillion questions. Gotta love it!