Monday, April 21, 2008

African Coca-Cola and WHALES!

This weekend was amazing!!!

I got to spend the whole weekend with my wonderful boy...AND there was baseball, AND Jacob, AND steak, AND chocolate, AND Diet Coke, AND a road trip, AND WHALES! It could not have been better.

I got to eat my first ball park hot dog. Way cool. Nathan dropped part of his chili dog in our lemonade. Lemonade and chili don't taste good together...

On Saturday we went to the Coke Factory and we got to taste African Coke. GROSS. I'll take American soft drinks any day!

On Saturday afternoon Nathan took me to the Underground Mall, because he said that was one of the best things he remembered from Atlanta when he was a kid. It's a weird feeling knowing there are streets over your head, but the mall was a lot of fun. We ate cheeseburgers and tried on baseball jerseys and took cheesy pictures in a photo booth. When we were on our way up the escalator, this crazy man yelled at us..."WHAT A BEAUUUUUUUUUTIFUL COUPLE!" We agreed, but were slightly freaked out. I made Nathan hold my hand the rest of the time we were down there (not that he objected ;).

Saturday night we ate our formal dinner at the Sundial, which is the spinning restaurant in the top of the Hilton. There was a prom there that night and we kept getting asked if we were in high school...how old do I look??? Anyway, we took a TON of pictures and saw fireworks from the top of the tower and played with the telescope things. Let me just say that I have a freaking gorgeous fiance. He looked GOOD. He'll argue with me, but he's wrong.

After dinner, we were gonna go to a movie, but we got lost looking for the movie theater so we went back to the hotel and watched Myth Busters...probably better than any movie we would have gone to see. They blew over a school bus with a jet.

Sunday we went to the AQUARIUM!! Nathan knew that I basically only wanted to go to formal so I could see the whales, so he let me go through all the exhibits at "Kacey speed," as he said. Which basically meant standing and staring at the whales for two hours. It was insane. Whale sharks. Four of them. All in one tank. With reef sharks, and hammerheads, and zebra sharks, and giant groupers, and parrotfish, and guitarheads....you get the picture. Basically every kind of really cool fish that exists. I was like a little kid. AND to make it even better...Kacey got to touch a shark. Ask me how excited I was???? Better yet, you should probably ask Nathan how excited I was, because he laughed at me a lot that day...apparently he thought my childishness was cute...

***Madre, thanks for the extra cash. Couldn't have gone without it. Awesomeness.

So I hate to be cheesy, but this whole "engaged" thing is really fun. I get to be treated like a princess by this really cute boy, and I get to drag him around to all my girl stuff while he smiles the whole time. It's wonderful.

Thanks for taking me this weekend baby...I love you.

8 comments:

Sara said...

You are definitely cheesy but it is fun and cute. Glad you had a good time!

Lesli said...

I'd love to be emailed pictures!!!! :o) Glad you two had fun! Love you!

~ Stephanie. said...

ohhhhh . . . you are SOOOOO one of THOSE couples!!!!

Love you both!!!!

MichaelPolutta said...

Dude! You should have let us know you were in town. Yeah, like you would've wanted to be with ANYBODY else, right?

Hope that next time you're in Hotlanta you'll let us know you're coming.

Turner Field rocks. I haven't seen the aquarium yet, but Natalie and the girls have. I don't think they geeked on it as much as you...

The last time I was at Underground was when I came here for a convention (we were still living in Richmond), and it was the day the Rodney King verdict was announced. Not the most comfortable day to be a white guy in downtown Atlanta.

MichaelPolutta said...

Oh, and to answer your question about PBC roles - I will not be the "Worship Director" this year. I'm back to just CREW. I still clean the bathhouse every day. I will be the MC of the talent show, and I'm trying to work up a Talent Show band.

Basically, my generation is getting old (and apparently we have cardiac issues!), so we need to let the younger generation drive more. We'll probably ALWAYS be there, but Curt and I have both said for years that we wanted to be Ernest Thigpen when we grew up. Now, if we would just grow up...

Kevin's BLAH-G said...

WOW!!! you're a nerd i never knew you could talk so much about a fish behind glass.

~ Stephanie. said...

I would just like to say to your brother - whales are not fish.

~ Stephanie. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.